- Interstate 107 - http://fm107.com/wrhm -
Vince Gill, Emmylou Harris: Hall of Fame News Abounds
Posted By Tom Roland On July 27, 2010 @ 12:37 PM In Country Music News | Comments Disabled
The Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame and the Georgia Music Hall of Fame have new inductees on the way, the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum has a couple of fundraisers on the docket in Nashville and Los Angeles, and one Rock & Roll Hall of Fame member invoked the names of two Country Hall of Famers when he played next door to Nashville’s best-known museum.
Here’s a bundle of Hall of Fame-related music news:
• Country Music Hall of Fame member Vince Gill took part in Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival  just a month ago. Now he’s being featured in a two-hour film version of the event, which will appear in 475 theaters around the U.S. on Tuesday. Go here  to find a full lineup of theaters.
• Mirroring similar donations by Eddy Arnold  and songwriter Cindy Walker , Brenda Lee  has given all of her career memorabilia to the Country Music Hall of Fame. The collection includes stage costumes, awards, personal correspondence and a Brenda Lee comic book.
• The second All For The Hall benefit concert in Los Angeles will feature Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson  and Taylor Swift  Sept. 23 at Club Nokia. Proceeds will benefit the Country Hall of Fame. A mystery guest is promised as a fourth member of the all-star lineup.
• Viva ELVIS: The Album will be released in November, with reimagined musical settings providing a new aural backdrop for Elvis Presley , a member of both the Country Music and Rock & Roll Halls of Fame. A Cirque de Soleil production, Viva Elvis, debuted in Las Vegas earlier this year. The album will feature updated versions of “Burning Love,” “Suspicious Minds,” “Blue Suede Shoes” and “It’s Now or Never,” among others.
• Grand Ole Opry member Jean Shepard will enter the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame in November, according to the Associated Press. She’ll be inducted alongside Jamie Oldaker, the drummer for “Baby Likes To Rock It” band the Tractors.
• Three late contributors will take their place in the Georgia Music Hall of Fame this fall. Singer-songwriter Paul Davis  was a vocal partner on the Marie Osmond  hit “You’re Still New To Me” and Tanya Tucker ’s “I Won’t Take Less Than Your Love.” Steel guitarist Pete Drake played on such landmark singles as Charlie Rich’s “Behind Closed Doors” and Tammy Wynette ’s “Stand By Your Man.” And songwriter John Jarrard’s credits include John Anderson ’s “Money In The Bank” and Tracy Lawrence ’s “Is That A Tear.”
• Songwriters Casey Kelly and Tony Haselden were recently added to the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame. Casey’s credits include George Strait ’s “The Cowboy Rides Away” and T.G. Sheppard’s “Somewhere Down The Line”; Tony penned Collin Raye ’s “That’s My Story” and Keith Whitley ’s “It Ain’t Nothin’.”
• Country Music Hall of Famer Charlie Louvin  is recuperating well from surgery last Thursday for pancreatic cancer. He’s expected to leave the hospital this week.
• Some VIP packages are still available for Brooks & Dunn’s final concert Sept. 2 at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. Proceeds are slated for the Country Music Hall of Fame. Go here  to learn more about VIP seating.
• Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Paul McCartney played Bridgestone Monday night. The venue is just a few blocks from Printer’s Alley, a club-filled street that he put into the lyrics of his mid-‘70s single “Sally G.” The Bridgestone also shares an intersection in downtown Nashville with the Country Hall of Fame. So when Paul sang “Let ‘Em In,” it was easy to think of Hall of Fame members the Everly Brothers, who were immortalized in that song’s “Phil and Don” reference.
   ShareThis 
Article printed from Interstate 107: http://fm107.com/wrhm
URL to article: http://fm107.com/wrhm/2010/07/vince-gill-emmylou-harris-hall-of-fame-news-abounds/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_vince_gill/article/0,,GAC_27021_4853371,00.html
 Brooks & Dunn: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_brooks_and_dunn
 Vince Gill: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_vince_gill
 Emmylou Harris: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_emmylou_harris
 Paul McCartney: http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2010/06/03/emmylou-harris-faith-hill-honor-a-beatle/
 Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival: http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2010/06/28/vince-gill-collaborations-abound-with-clapton-fest/
 here: http://www.ncm.com/FathomContent/PDF/EventTheatresReport_crossroads.pdf
 Eddy Arnold: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_eddy_arnold
 Cindy Walker: http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,,GAC_26063_5945254,00.html
 Brenda Lee: http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,,GAC_26063_5944688,00.html
 Kris Kristofferson: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_kris_kristofferson
 Taylor Swift: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_taylor_swift
 Elvis Presley: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_elvis_presley
 Paul Davis: http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,,GAC_26063_5854366,00.html
 Marie Osmond: http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,,GAC_26063_5863820,00.html
 Tanya Tucker: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_tanya_tucker
 Tammy Wynette: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_artists_a-z/article/0,,GAC_26071_4888406,00.html
 John Anderson: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_john_anderson
 Tracy Lawrence: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_tracy_lawrence
 George Strait: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_george_strait
 Collin Raye: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_collin_raye
 Keith Whitley: http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2010/04/27/joe-nichols-follows-some-heavy-hitters/
 Charlie Louvin: http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,,GAC_26063_5940428,00.html
 here: http://store.countrymusichalloffame.com/products/Brooks-&-Dunn-Last-Rodeo-Tour-Concert-VIP-Package.html
Copyright © 2010 Our Three Sons Broadcasting. All rights reserved.