Here’s the latest on-screen news of note:
• Carrie’s first time on the big screen comes next year. She portrays a counselor in the movie Soul Surfer about a woman who loses an arm in a shark attack. Carrie’s seen the results of her first movie attempt and has decided it worked out all right. “I was really expecting the worst from myself,” she told the Associated Press. “I really surprised myself.”
• Trace recently completed filming his role as the leader of a biker gang in the movie The Lincoln Lawyer, starring Matthew McConaughey. “It wasn’t a stretch,” he told The Tampa Tribune. “I just got on a bike and rode. I was the only guy in the gang who didn’t have tattoos.”
• Travis has signed on to portray a character named Eddie Waters in the Christian-themed Fishers Of Men, according to The Bainbridge Post-Searchlight of Georgia. Travis is also set to write a song for the soundtrack. Filming in Georgia begins Sept. 13 and ends Oct. 11.
• Julianne Hough went in front of the camera Aug. 30 for the first day of shooting on her forthcoming movie, the remake of the ’80s classic, Footloose.
• The Killer is the subject of a film that’s in development, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Brad Pitt is supposedly connected to the project, and producers are hoping to draw in Natalie Portman. Jerry Lee has already been the subject of a movie — Dennis Quaid played him in the 1989 film Great Balls Of Fire.