- Interstate 107 - http://fm107.com/wrhm -
Darius Rucker Drops By Top 20
Posted By Tom Roland On November 5, 2010 @ 11:09 AM In Country Music News | Comments Disabled
Darius Rucker  had so much fun the last time time he joined Nan Kelley  on GAC’s Top 20 Country Countdown  he’s going to come back just three weeks later as the special guest on this weekend’s edition.
A little has happened since that last visit. Darius hit No. 1 on the country singles charts with “Come Back Song” and he topped the Billboard country albums list with Charleston, SC 1966 , his second country album.
The last one, Live To Learn, went platinum on the strength of four hit singles, and a year ago, it led to Darius winning New Artist of the Year from the Country Music Association. It was a bit of a long shot — he was the lead singer of a rock band, Hootie + The Blowfish, and that kind of career shift doesn’t always work. So after the first country album succeeded, he was insistent that the follow-up would not be a disappointment. He’d seen that kind of result after Cracked Rear View sold 16 million copies.
“Hootie went through that when we sold five million records and it was considered a flop,” he told the South Carolina paper The State. The previous album, Cracked Rear View had sold more than 16 million copies. “That second record is so important.”
The fact that Darius’ second country album has started so well is a good sign. He’s thinking it’s pivotal.
“I know radio and the label are expecting big hits,” he said. “This is a very important point for me.”
Top 20 Country Countdown counts down the week’s top country videos from No. 20 to No. 1 as voted by viewers on each week on GACTV.com. A new countdown premieres every Friday at 8 p.m. ET on GAC and airs again Saturdays at 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. ET; Sundays at 1 p.m. ET; and Mondays at 10 a.m. ET. Viewers can vote for their favorite videos, as well as purchase Top 20 artists’ albums and ringtones at GACTV.com.
THIS WEEK’S CHART:
1. Carrie Underwood “Mama’s Song”
2. Katie Armiger “Leaving Home”
3. Zac Brown Band “As She’s Walking Away”
4. Reba McEntire “Turn On The Radio”
5. Taylor Swift “Mine”
6. Miranda Lambert “Only Prettier”
7. Sugarland “Stuck Like Glue”
8. The Band Perry “If I Die Young”
9. Chris Young “Voices”
10. Blake Shelton “Who Are You When I’m Not Looking”
11. Keith Urban “Put You In A Song”
12. JoAnna Smith “Gettin’ Married”
13. Sara Evans “A Little Bit Stronger”
14. Trace Adkins “This Ain’t No Love Song”
15. Eric Church “Smoke A Little Smoke”
16. Chuck Wicks “Hold That Thought”
17. Kenny Chesney “The Boys Of Fall”
18. Toby Keith “Bullets In The Gun”
19. Bo Bice “You Take Yourself With You”
20. Steve Azar “Sunshine (Everyone Needs A Little)”
   ShareThis 
Article printed from Interstate 107: http://fm107.com/wrhm
URL to article: http://fm107.com/wrhm/2010/11/darius-rucker-drops-by-top-20/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_darius_rucker/article/0,,GAC_32556_5937982,00.html
 Darius Rucker: http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_darius_rucker
 Nan Kelley: http://www.gactv.com/gac/about_us/article/0,,GAC_26085_4727917,00.html
 Top 20 Country Countdown: http://www.gactv.com/gac/shows_top/episode/0,3038,GAC_26159_72649,00.html
 Charleston, SC 1966: http://www.amazon.com/Charleston-SC-1966-Darius-Rucker/dp/B003PON2GM/?tag=greaamercoun-20
Copyright © 2010 Our Three Sons Broadcasting. All rights reserved.