The Academy of Country Music and dick clark productions announced today that country superstars Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood are the first artists scheduled to appear and be honored at the “Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country” taping on Monday, April 4, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The special will air at a later date on CBS.
“Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country” is a special tribute concert featuring an A-list lineup of performers paying respect to today’s most incredible country music female artists, all of whom will be honored with unique accolades from the Academy for special achievements in their careers. Additional honorees and participating talent announcements are forthcoming and ticket sales from the special will benefit ACM Lifting Lives, the charitable arm of the Academy.
• Miranda Lambert – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Album of the Year, twice, first for “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” in 2007 and again for “Revolution” in 2009
• Martina McBride – Will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as “Independence Day” and “Concrete Angel,” which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment; McBride has won Top Female Vocalist three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2003
• Jennifer Nettles – Will be recognized for being only one of two female artists in the Academy’s history to ever solo write and perform Song of the Year, in 2007, with “Stay”
• Reba – Will be recognized for winning Top Female Vocalist more times than any other artist in the Academy’s history – a whopping seven times
• Carrie Underwood – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009 (she is the reigning Entertainer of the Year, since Awards recognize the previous calendar year’s work)
Tickets for Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country are on sale NOW at Ticketmaster, priced at $200, $150, $100. Ticket proceeds will go to ACM Lifting Lives.
Starting TOMORROW, Jan. 27 at noon Eastern, you can click HERE to cast your vote for the ACM 2011 Top New Artist!
For more information on Girls’ Night Out or the ACM Awards, visit ACMcountry.com.