Lionel Richie has been added to the list of performers at this year’s CMA Awards. Lionel will debut select duets from his upcoming country duets album, Tuskegee. Lionel is scheduled to perform selections from the album with duet partners Little Big Town, Darius Rucker and Rascal Flatts. The CMA Awards will air live on ABC on November 9 at 8/7 CT.
Tuskegee contains 13 duets with some of the biggest names in country music. Other artists joining Lionel on the album include Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney, Billy Currington, Jason Aldean, Shania Twain, Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson and Jimmy Buffett.
“As my songwriting progressed, I realized that my songs perfectly translated to the country genre,” Lionel said. He was born and raised in Tuskagee, Alabama. “I am a country boy and proud of it. To do this project just felt natural,” he said.
“Growing up with country, R&B, gospel, and classical music from my grandmother and pop, Tuskegee was the perfect melting pot for my influences as a writer,” he said, “and the title, Tuskegee, is a validation of my growing up there—the place I call home. Tuskegee is a state of mind as it is a place… a place of possibility, hope, promise, self-empowerment, and where dreams come true.”
This is not Lionel’s first CMA Awards performance. He performed at country’s biggest night 25 years ago.
Lionel Richie’s Tuskegee Track-Listing:
- “You Are” with Blake Shelton
- “Say You, Say Me” with Jason Aldean
- “Stuck On You” with Darius Rucker
- “Deep River Woman” with Little Big Town
- “My Love” with Kenny Chesney
- “Dancing On The Ceiling” with Rascal Flatts
- “Hello” with Jennifer Nettles
- “Sail On” with Tim McGraw
- “Endless Love” with Shania Twain
- “Just For You” with Billy Currington
- “Lady” with Kenny Rogers
- “Easy” with Willie Nelson
- “All Night Long” with Jimmy Buffett