The Let Us In Nashville – A Tribute To Linda McCartney album, which features several country artists such as Phil Vassar, Chuck Wicks, Steel Magnolia and Sarah Darling performing their versions of Sir Paul McCartney songs, is now available. Proceeds from the album will go to The Woman and Cancer Fund. The album is streaming all week on MSN’s Listening Booth and AOL’s Listening Party.
The Woman and Cancer Fund was established in the memory of Linda McCartney and promotes prevention, lifestyle awareness, enhances available health services and advocates advanced breast cancer and children’s cancer research. Sir Paul McCartney has given his approval and support of the project.
On November 7, several of the artists featured on the album gathered at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville for a special concert to benefit The Woman and Cancer Fund. Hosted by Jeff Daniels, Phil Vassar, Steel Magnolia, Chuck Wicks, SHeDAISY, Sarah Darling, Cheyenne Kimball (formerly of Gloriana), Juliana Cole, Jeff Daniels, Nikki Shannon Fernandez, Jordyn Shellhart, Nancy Sirianni, Samantha Landrum, and Blue Sky Riders all performed the tracks they contributed to the album as well as some of their own material.
Track Listing for Let Us In Nashville – A Tribute To Linda McCartney
1. SHeDAISY – “With A Little Luck”
2. Timothy B. Schmit, Mark Hudson, Laurence Juber, Denny Seiwell – “Every Night”
3. Sarah Darling – “Blackbird”
4. Steel Magnolia – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
5. Phil Vassar – “Lady Madonna”
6. Blue Sky Riders (Kenny Loggins, Georgia Middleman and Gary Burr) – “Junk”
7. Cheyenne Kimball – “Mull Of Kintyre”
8. Juliana Cole – “Bluebird”
9. Ricky Skaggs – “Listen To What The Man Said”
10. Jeff Daniels – “Heart Of The Country”
11. Nikki Shannon Fernandez – “I Saw Her Standing There”
12. Jordyn Shellhart – “I Will”
13. Chuck Wicks – “No More Lonely Nights”
14. Nancy Siranni – “Calico Skies”
15. Samantha Landrum – “Pipes Of Peace”
16. Tommy Emmanuel – “She’s A Woman”